Monday, August 15, 2005

Recently in Movies

Spongebob Squarepants movie- my favorite part was when someone (some fish) yells out "You're a knucklehead mcspazatron", that was hilarious and when Spongebob and Patrick ice cream it up until they are "drunk". Besides that it was like the show, funny and then really annoying.

Thirteen- freaky, at times I would have liked some narration... it was a messed up movie.

Ella Enchanted- in the sense of Disney cute, the songs were not necessary, that was too cheesy, the Princess Diaries is much better

Vanity Fair- very long, spans several decades in Becky's life, some of the sets were really beautiful and some of the characters were great, didn't much care for the one we were supposed to care for though, the main character, but I guess it was trying to stay true to the book, same director as Monsoon Wedding, I'd suggest that

Elf- probably the 3rd or 4th time I've seen it, Will Ferrell is great, it's for children and adults alike, much better than Kicking and Screaming, plus it's main setting is NYC!

A Very Long Engagement- I've been dying to see this and it was really wonderful. Aesthetically it matches Amelie, the behind the scenes feature was really good as well. I would suggest it!

Envy- it was just as bad as I heard it was. Sort of pointless, funny at times but really stupid.

Get Shorty- I felt like I had seen this before, maybe on tv. Now I'm excited to see Be Cool.

Being Julia- I didn't really care for it, I don't see why it was nominated for great acting. It was a bunch of drama and complaining.

Talk to Her- really strange, it's about two men that meet at a hospital, one a caregiver and another the boyfriend, both of women that were in comas. It's Spanish, I guess I would suggest it if you are up for something out of the ordinary and sort of creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...