Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday Thingers: Re-style Your Library

Questions: Have you explored the different styles? Have you customized any of the styles? If so, what are your favorite customized items (isbn, Dewey Decimal, Reviews, Book-Swap, etc)?

I think when I first joined LibraryThing a few years ago I played around with the styles and decided on Style B (which seems to be pretty popular). Like everyone else I gotta see my covers! I really like the Comments Box, I've been entering in the year and where I've gotten each book. That's actually the reason I started doing my This Week In Books posts. Going back in and entering that information I realized I didn't know where a lot of my books had come from and it made me sad! Hence my descriptions of where my books come from in my This Week In Books posts! I like being able to go back and see when and where I got something! I've definitely gotten behind on updating my comments and tags in the last few months on LibraryThing though!

5 comments:

  1. In a top secret super dorky thing I haven't told a lot of people about, I'm in the process of making an old school card catalog for all my books. Each index card has the type of cover, author's name, title, series if any, and then all genres are color coded. I have too much time on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I need to figure this out. I'd love to have an icon on my blog that shows what we're currently reading. Off to research...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like style B too. I like to see what awards the books have received and the original languages, so I've added those options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taren- That's just about the coolest thing EVER! I really hope you take pictures of this at some point, I love it! Do you have a cute set of drawers for it too?!?!?

    Lisa and Laura- I actually sort of explained it in the comments of this post, maybe it will help!
    http://aleapopculture.blogspot.com/2009/04/tuesday-thingers-widgets.html

    Alyce- Oh nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't look at my library without the covers - I actually added the covers to Style A before I knew I could have B as my main selection. :)

    Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week, have you seen the LT Helper Badges? ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...