Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday! 31

Rosie and Skate by Beth Ann Bauman

From Amazon.com:

It's off-season at the Jersey shore, when the boardwalk belongs to the locals. Rosie is 15 and her sister Skate is 16. Their dad, an amiable drunk, is spending a few weeks in jail while their cousin Angie looks after them in their falling-down Victorian on the beach. Skate and her boyfriend Perry are madly in love, inseparable—until now, when Perry goes off to Rutgers. Rosie is shyer than Skate, but she’s drawn to Nick, a boy in their Alateen group. What happens to Rosie and Skate in a few tumultuous weeks is deftly shaded, complex, and true. Readers will be caught up in each girl’s shifting feelings as the story plays out within the embrace of their warmhearted community.

Released August 11th 2009

This just sounds really interesting doesn't it. After recently reading Peace, Love and Baby Ducks I'm definitely eager to read another sister story. And I think this one could be it! It sounds like it's going to be a great snapshot in a possible turning point in both of their lives!

What can't you wait for to be released?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

8 comments:

  1. that *does* look interesting. I'm looking forward to Kazuo Ishiguro's new book of short stories- though I'll probably wait till it comes out in paperback, given the size of my TBR sack! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look good and the cover gives it an old fashioned feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This books sounds very good and the cover is cool. Another one for my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to like that book. Makes you wonder how Nick will feature with two sisters, one of whom is missing her boyfriend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. def. sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does look really interesting. The cover reminds me of a nice little seaside town :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds intriguing, I will write the book on my list :)

    Here's the book I'm waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...