Monday, June 22, 2009

Fanboys

Amazon.com:

Get ready for the comedy adventure that’s “smart, funny, and tailor-made for the inner-Jedi in all of us” (Pete Hammond, Hollywood.com). In 1998, four childhood buddies with a shared love of all things Star Wars reunite for one final, hilarious odyssey. Their insane plan: a cross-country road trip to storm George Lucas’ Skywalker Ranch and steal a copy of Episode I before it’s released. With the police, a crew of angry Trekkies, and a crazy pimp hot on their trail, what could possibly go wrong? Featuring Dan Fogler (Balls of Fury), Jay Baruchel (Tropic Thunder), and Kristen Bell (Forgetting Sarah Marshall), plus a slew of hysterical surprise cameos, “the Force IS strong with this one!” (Brian Gallagher, MovieWeb).

I basically wanted to see this because everything Kirsten Bell is in usually rocks, I was kind of over Star Wars for the time being and hoped this movie wouldn't annoy me. Thankfully it was hilarious beyond belief! Probably one of my recent favorites. For the most part all 5 of the leads were great, sometimes Dan Fogler got on my nerves but I think that's just him, maybe he will grow on me, maybe not. I loved all the cute nerdy boys in this movie though!

Another great thing this movie had were all the cameos including Seth Rogen playing multiple characters, can you say awesome. I think one of my favorite scenes in the movie involved the 4 guys taking a detour on the way to Skywalker Ranch to go to Iowa and battle it out with some Star Trek nerds.

Sometimes I get bored during "road trip" movies but this one was really successful for me. I really liked the bittersweet part of the movie involving one of the friend's illnesses. In the end, I think it was all the random cameos that really made the movie for me. I would highly suggest this to any Star Wars fan and anyone like me that's enjoyed Star Wars in the past but maybe needed a break. Watch This Movie.

4.5/5 Stars
Watched via Netflix

16 comments:

  1. Sounds good, lemme search for this one here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently got this one from Netflix, and I loved it too! Kristen Bell can do no wrong in my opinion, and I'll watch any movie with Seth Rogan or Jay Baruchel. Did you watch the deleted scenes and special features? They really went into detail with all the Star Wars references!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to see this! Love Kristen Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really liked this one? I thought it was bleh. The thing I LOVED about it was that it played one of my favorite bands, Remy Zero's song Fair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this old or new? Seth Rogan ftw

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Kirsten Bell too. :-) I haven't seen this one, but can see that I should. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer- It just came out on dvd recently but was made a few years ago. Did it ever make it into the theaters? Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It came to the theater by my house, but was gone after a week. I went out of town for a few days, came back, and was like, "Hey, where'd Fanboys go?" The theater twerps laughed at me. Apparently, only a handful of people saw it there, and they didn't like it.

    Did you hear they changed the ending? I want to know what was supposed to have happened!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know that Jessi! Argh want to know the original ending! Yeah that should have been in the special features! The special features were great though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome review. I saw this one awhile ago...not the film itself but the promos for it...and I really wanted to watch it. I guess I have too now.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:14 PM

    Oh, that's funny! I have Fanboys on my dresser right now, borrowed from the library. I grabbed it because my oldest daughter and I are big Star Wars fans and love comedy, and it looked like something she and I could enjoy together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite parts of this movie were all the STAR WARS debates the characters got into. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, this one got a lot of bad reviews but I decided to watch it anyway because it was already in my queue and I laughed the whole time!

    I think there was an ending planned where the guy actually dies but I din't know if they ever even filmed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:30 PM

    Hubby and I have been waiting for this flick to come out for over a year now at least. Can't wait to see it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been wanting to see this for a LONG TIME. Sounds fabulous!! :) Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to see this, mostly because of Kristen Bell, but also because it looks hilarious. Kristen rocks and needs to bring Veronica back, but until then I'll take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...