Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hardcover vs Paperback 81

The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran

Hardcover

Paperback

Amazon.com:

In ancient Egypt, a forgotten princess must overcome her family’s past and remake history.

The winds of change are blowing through Thebes. A devastating palace fire has killed the Eighteenth Dynasty’s royal family–with the exception of Nefertari, the niece of the reviled former queen, Nefertiti. The girl’s deceased family has been branded as heretical, and no one in Egypt will speak their names. Nefertari is pushed aside, an unimportant princess left to run wild in the palace. But this changes when she is taken under the wing of the Pharaoh’s aunt, then brought to the Temple of Hathor, where she is educated in a manner befitting a future queen.

Soon Nefertari catches the eye of the Crown Prince, and despite her family’s history, they fall in love and wish to marry. Yet all of Egypt opposes this union between the rising star of a new dynasty and the fading star of an old, heretical one. While political adversity sets the country on edge, Nefertari becomes the wife of Ramesses the Great. Destined to be the most powerful Pharaoh in Egypt, he is also the man who must confront the most famous exodus in history.

If I didn't know The Heretic Queen was fiction I wouldn't doubt for a second that the Hardcover was non-fiction from afar. Luckily it does say, A Novel on there in tiny lettering. So in my opinion the paperback seems more like it's telling a story and is a better choice for this book. Personally neither is really that exciting. If the Paperback had some more variation in the color that would have helped. I do like how the photo is kind of epic though.

Hardcover or Paperback?

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!


9 comments:

  1. I agree the hardback is very plain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to go with paperback. The hardcover is too...not interesting. I have to agree, I'd think it was nonfiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you - neither cover is particularly exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paperback hands down. The hardcover just doesn't call out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paperback all the way. I think it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of don't like either of this covers but if I had to choose, i'd probably say paperback, the hardback doesnt really have anything going on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hardcover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Definitely the paperback! The model, the beautiful warm colors, and the way it was all arranged, so pretty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are cool, but not very exciting. Hardcover, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...