Friday, May 07, 2010

Lookalikes 100

Finding Alice by Melody Carlson


Finding Alice by Melody Carlson (back cover)

The Way Life Should Be by Christina Baker Kline

The Edge of Winter by Luanne Rice

Things To Do Indoors by Sheena Joughin

Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes

Rainy by Sis Deans

We've got a bunch from one photo shoot and then one with a similar pose. Whoa that's a lot of covers! I think my favorite is Crossing Oceans, the rest have some less than pleasing color palettes and I don't like the playing cards on the first cover.

Thanks to Kelsey, Deborah, Irish, and Anghalina for pointing out this lookalike!

Have you spotted a Lookalike you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

And since this is Lookalikes 100 (WOW!) a few more fun things!



Check out the first lookalike I ever posted, on January 2nd 2007! It's for two movie posters and was entitled Umm What?! I was literally the only reader back then I think! And because of when I started numbering my posts I think this is actually really the 104th lookalike, oops!

Top 6 Most Commented on Lookalikes

click the links to see the original posts and in some cases more lookalikes!






Lookalikes 53

I'd love for you to vote for your favorite of the Top 6 Most Commented Lookalikes and also overall favorite, funniest, and worst!

Click here to vote!

And lastly, I've finally updated a few lookalikes posts check them out!

Lookalikes 9
Lookalikes 31
Lookalikes 76

Thanks to Pam of Bookalicious and all the other tweeters who helped me brainstorm some ways to celebrate Lookalikes 100th post!

And a big thanks to everyone that has taken the time to suggest and submit a lookalike!!!!! Here's to 100 more!

16 comments:

  1. Some cool lookalikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee Zowee! Great way to celebrate 100! Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts! I must not be very observant since I never notice lookalikes "in the wild!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reaching 100!
    I love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the very top one, excluding the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this feature -- I may not always comment but I always look! Yes! Here's to 100 more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite parts of your blog. I look forward to going and voting now and future editions of lookalikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Look at all those look alikes. It's amazing how often the same picture is reused.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on hitting #100! I love your Lookalike posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear ... not sure I'd like people to see my book cover and think about cold sores!

    As for the newbies: I loved the color saturation of Finding Alice so much that I didn't notice the playing cards until you mentioned it. But yeah ... those are kind of silly and they look all photoshoppy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was cool! Had no idea. I found your site since I have a google alert on my title... crossing oceans :) Anyway you'd let us repost this on www.noveljourney.blogspot.com? We'd give you full credit of course and link back. I just think it's interesting and believe our readership will too. Thanks and glad to find you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the author of The Way Life Should Be and I had no idea either ... okay, nearly two years later. I'd seen one other of these, but had no idea they used that same shoot for so many covers. You'd think there'd be some kind of restrictions!

      Delete
  12. Thanks everyone and thanks for all your help in making this feature possible!

    Gina Holmes- Most definitely, I bet they would like it too! I'd love to see the link when it goes up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post, especially the top lookalikes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on 100 Lookalikes. I love this feature.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely Finding Alice!
    And whenever I see a new Lookalike in my newsfeed, I simply must click on it--this is basically my favorite blog feature ever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...