Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hardcover vs Paperback 96

Nothing Like You by Lauren Strasnick

Hardcover

Paperback

Amazon.com:

When Holly loses her virginity to Paul, a guy she barely knows, she assumes their encounter is a one-night stand. After all, Paul is too popular to even be speaking to Holly…and he happens to have a long-term girlfriend, Saskia. But ever since Holly’s mom died six months ago, Holly has been numb to the world, and she’s getting desperate to feel something, anything—so when Paul keeps pursuing her, Holly relents. Paul’s kisses are a welcome diversion…and it’s nice to feel like the kind of girl that a guy like Paul would choose.

But things aren’t so simple with Saskia around. Paul’s real girlfriend is willowy and perfect… and nothing like Holly. To make matters worse, she and Holly are becoming friends. Suddenly the consequences of Holly’s choices are all too real, and Holly stands to lose more than she ever realized she had.

I've had this book on my radar for awhile but was always sort of puzzled by the hardcover, random dress pinned/hanging on a wall? And that Orange is WHOA. And while generally I like the paperback it reminds me a bit of these covers, so in the end it's not really anything out of the ordinary.

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!


10 comments:

  1. I didn't like the hardcover at all, but when I saw the paperback i was like YES! so cute. I just reviewed this book on my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the hardcover version better. It has way more pop to grab the attention of people just perusing the shelf. The paperback version looks so similar to many other contemporary books it could get lost in the shuffle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really crazy about either one but if I had to choose I'd go with the hardcover even though I don't like that shirt pinned to the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read the bit about the orange cover I started laughing out loud. It is WHOA! The paperback is very pretty but I acually didn't mind the hardcover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the paperback suits the story more, but the hardcover is more eye catching to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:42 PM

    I like the paperback better. I'll check to see if this is on my wish list. I've seen it around quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While trying to pick out a new book at the bookstore, I came across the the hardcover, read the title and passed right over. Then, one shelf down, I found a paperback book with a cover I loved. I saw the title and realized it was the same book! The paperback cover had me sold and I got it that day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the hardcover best, but neither seems to have anything to do with the book. I haven't read it though, so maybe the dress on the wall would have more meaning if I did. I doubt the girl walking in a field would factor in at all since it seems to be a generic cover like several others you linked to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'm strange - I like the hardcover.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...