Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weekly Dose of Crafts!

Not a whole lot to show this week unfortunately. I went to Knitting class last Wednesday with my purple bobble hat, really got going on it and then got home, kept working and somehow a lot of it was really really really wrong. So I ripped the whole thing out. I tried to restart it a few times but I I think I need some space from it now.


I did a lot of experimenting this week, trying some of the yarn I have with different patterns, finally with some help from a very nice lady on Raverly I got going on a pattern (that stuck!) with my Bernat Mosaic (Ambrosia). The pattern was free on the Bernat website here. It is really a one sided scarf and is taking awhile so I think I will make it a little shorter than I usually do.




Then last Friday on my way to Pre-KidLitCon events I decided to go on a one person yarn store crawl and hit up 3 stores I've never been to. I think it's my personal goal to go to everyone that is less than an hour away, yes I'm crazy.


Anyhow, I was trying not to spend a lot of money and I did fine until I realized the second store had this GREAT sale section with GREAT yarn. Needless to say, I went a little crazy. But of the three stores, this is all I bought, makes me feel a little better, a little.




I've also been working on my ripple blanket a little here and there, so I decided to use it as my background this week!



For more crafty goodness be sure to stop over at WIP Wednesday! And find me on Raverly as mint910.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:22 PM

    What are the two purple yarns? They look luscious. Do you have projects in mind for all of these? Someday I'll let myself buy Noro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Those colors are beautiful. I wish I had your knitting talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous of the Noro. I'm hoping to one day find it on sale. It's too rich for my blood at normal price.

    I love your ambrosia colorway for your scarf. I'm seriously going to find someone that carries it around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wordlily- They are Miski by Mirasol 100% baby Llama. The Noro was around $5 so I was like not bad not bad! Since these were not planned purchases I have vague ideas. For the purples I was thinking hats and the Noro a scarf, the Cashmerino I just adore so I grabbed a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolsnotebook - Until recently I had like minus talent, so don't be discouraged, you can do it!

    Tami- I think I have like 5 balls of the Mosaic now (can you see why i needed a ban! I can send you one of mine if you want!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty yarns, the scarf looks lovely too.

    Here from WIPW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, nice additions to the stash! Your scarf is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scarf is beautiful. I did not know about Mosaic, but it is very pretty. Looks like you got a great deal on the sale yarn, too. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the scarf and the ripple. That is quite a good yarn hull.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors of the scarf and blanket. Also, you showed great restraint by buying only 4 balls of Noro!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AutumnGeisha- They only had 4 in that color hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you got the scarf to work. You'll have to tell me what the problem was.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! You are an excellent crafts person :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...