Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hardcover vs Paperback 115

Maine Squeeze by Catherine Clark

Mass Market Paperback

Paperback Reprint with Banana Splitsville


In Maine Squeeze, eighteen-year-old Colleen Templeton can't wait for summer. She's going to share a house with her best friends, earn money for college, and spend every free moment with her boyfriend, Ben. It's the perfect plan. At least until she discovers that she's going to be working side by side with Evan, the guy she dated last summer—the best summer of her life . . . until he broke her heart. Will Colleen be able to keep her cool when this summer starts heating up? 

While the original paperback works for the type of book it is, I think it doesn't quite speak to the right audience. The style of illustration I feel targets someone a little younger than a YA reader (maybe an early middle grade reader) so it makes sense to me that the book was repackaged with something that would attract someone slightly older and I think the intended audience.

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!


7 comments:

  1. Wow. These two give completely different vibes for sure!

    The first one is definitely more light hearted and looks like it's for a younger readership....and I think, despite being people on the cover, I like the second one a lot. Looks fun but older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 AM

    I think I actually like the first one more, even for an older audience. Or maybe I'm just tired of seeing people on covers, especially people without heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the book covers you spotted with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the second one, that one is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like the dress the girl is wearing in the second cover. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. I think the first cover looks more for a younger audience. I like the reprint cover better. Its just cleaner and looks a little older. That's the one I'd pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah- It is indeed, I think I posted the other one last week lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...