Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hardcover vs Paperback 149


Kendall loves her life in small town Cryer's Cross, Montana, but she also longs for something more. She knows the chances of going to school in New York are small, but she's not the type to give up easily. Even though it will mean leaving Nico, the world's sweetest boyfriend, behind.

But when Cryer's Cross is rocked by unspeakable tragedy, Kendall shoves her dreams aside and focuses on just one goal: help find her missing friends. Even if it means spending time with the one boy she shouldn't get close to... the one boy who makes her question everything she feels for Nico.
Determined to help and to stay true to the boy she's always loved, Kendall keeps up the search--and stumbles upon some frightening local history. She knows she can't stop digging, but Kendall is about to find out just how far the townspeople will go to keep their secrets buried.... 
These covers just kind of rub me the wrong way. I just don't like the perspective of the image on the hardcover, it's just a weird angle to use. And the paperback, that girl has always looked dead to me, her pose is so still. Definitely very different covers.
Thanks to Gail who suggested this H vs P!

Have you spotted a Hardcover vs. Paperback you would like to contribute? Send me an email!

4 comments:

  1. I agree - neither cover is great, but if I was forced to pick one, I'd go with the paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a fan of the hardcover, but it suits the story so much better than the paperback. The paperback makes it look like a romance, which is nothing like the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I agree with Nicole. The paperback looks like so many other YA books. Is that why they went in that direction?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:31 AM

    I hate the paperback cover, honestly. I'm not in love with the hardcover but it just goes so much better with the theme of the story. I don't know what they were thinking with the paperback cover? Love this comparison!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...